Day 11 of 31 - What is needed?

This week there have been several things that I have needed. I needed coffee yesterday to stay awake after two really late nights in a row and only three hours of sleep before a long day. I needed sleep this morning after the aforementioned long days. I needed to get a few projects done at work for some of my clients. I need to wash laundry today even though last weeks is still sitting on my couch and the laundry from the week before is still in the laundry basket next to my dresser. I guess I need to put clothes away, too.

Isn't it funny how the needs in our life often revolve around stuff and busyness?

Work, family, volunteering, friends, housework, church, responsibilities make us focus on all the things around us. But sometimes we need to take the time to do what we need for ourselves. I received an email yesterday that reminded me of this. Here's what it said, "Rest is NOT laziness. It's ok to rest Lisa -- YES IT IS! Tell yourself this affirmation in the mirror, let this truth sink into your heart. Give yourself what you need, the priceless gift of rest."

So today, even though there are lots of things that I need to do, I think that I will choose to rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD