My Little Black Rain Cloud

Did you ever feel like you were being followed by a little black rain cloud? (a la Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh?)



A couple of weeks ago a co-worker mentioned at lunch that he read my blog because he sees my Bloglovin' posts on Twitter. I never know who follows my posts, or social media or anything. Then another colleague at the lunch table suggested that I write a blog about my "little black rain cloud."

It's funny because I had started writing this post months ago and deleted and rewrote... and deleted and rewrote. Who really cares about that? And if I wrote about it I don't think anyone would believe all the bad things that happen actually happen to just me.

Here are a few examples:
Ex. #1 - A month after starting my current job I fell leaving my house. I tripped on my own feet, busted my face on the sidewalk (as evidence by the blood that was left there) and when I came alert I was lying in the grass. My husband was out of town with his parents so I had to call friends to take me to the ER. I was pretty bruised and cut up but luckily nothing too bad.

Ex. #2 - My cousin and his wife got married at a ski resort in Pennsylvania. While there my husband and I hit the slopes. I decided to leave my husband on the bunny slopes. As I was making a run the weather turned to a pelting sleet and the hill started to turn to ice. On my way down I was cutting across the slope and as I turned to go one direction my ski stuck and my body turned the other way. I was snowmobiled on a sled down to the infirmary and then eventually to the ER. When I got back to Charlotte I found out that I had a torn meniscus and "shredded" ACL. I had part of my hamstring taken out to replace it secured with a pin, grommet and screw.

Ex. #3 - I took my car to have an oil change at my local dealership. They asked me to come look at the wheel which was bent and needed replaced. On my way back to the service bay I slipped on a slick spot, fell and got a hairline fracture in my hip.
This morning as I was getting ready for work I dropped something in my closet and as I stood up I knocked my head into the wall (#0001) and decided there's no time like to present to start tracking my Little Black Rain Cloud misadventures. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD