To Me at 18
I saw a question from one of my favorite blogger/authors this morning that made me pause.
If you could tell the 18 year old you, one piece of advice, what would you say?
18-year-old me was VERY different than who I am today. While I can look back and say I wish there were things that were different, I wouldn’t change the life I’ve lived for a second. Here are some words to me at 18.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Spend time helping others instead of being so focused on yourself.
- You’re still a kid – act like it!
- … but soon you’re going to be an adult. Keep your responsibilities. When you make a commitment – honor it.
- Your choices reflect in your character; make wise ones.
- Your family won’t be around forever. Spend as much time as you can with them. They can also be your best friends.
- Open a book! Go to class. Learn as much as you can.
- Be your best you – it IS good enough.
What would you say to yourself at 18?