Goodnight, Sleep Tight

Did you know that the average adult needs 7-9 hours asleep?

How Much Sleep Do You Really Need

How many people do you know can honestly say that they get a full night sleep every night? We are so distracted by life that sleep becomes a nuisance instead of a necessity.

I'm convinced that one of my purposes in life is to sleep. There is nothing better than a mid-afternoon nap; or late morning; or early evening. But even though I love to nap, I usually wear myself down to where sleeping is no longer a luxury but a remedy to repair my exhausted body. Between my job, family, volunteering, business and life, I stretch myself thin trying to accommodate everyone else and often forget to take care of taking care of me.

Tonight I came home from work and laid down to rest for a few minutes and ended up taking a 3 hour sleep. I apparently ran myself too thin and shut down.

Want to see when you should go to sleep to get the best rest? Here's a simple website that lets you know the best time to go to bed for when you need to wake up: http://sleepyti.me/. There's also an app for iPhone that tracks your sleep pattern and wakes you up during your lightest sleep during a period of time you choose. Check out Sleep Cycle.

Goodnight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD