When I created my new website and blog I tried to go with my name instead of my initials; and now I'm second-guessing that decision since all of my URL's are still my initials. So, I'd like to ask for help. Which do YOU like best?
Have you seen all those fancy pumpkins all over Facebook and Pinterest and thought that you couldn't duplicate the finished product? Well, YOU CAN!! One year, I really wanted a Tinker Bell jack-o-lantern. This was before fancy templates, Pinterest, and digital cameras. So not only did I have no guide for what I wanted to accomplish, but I have no proof that it turned out amazing. I will give a disclaimer that I have a strange ability to look at something and replicate it pretty closely. I have several coffee mugs from my college internship at Walt Disney World and loved one of Tinker Bell stuck in the keyhole of a door. I thought it would be pretty cute if she was pushing out of a pumpkin instead. I took out my trusty sketch book and went to work. After sketching the image I went back in with a sharpie to make sure that I had sections left intact so as to not have a giant hole instead of a Tinker Bell outline. It was adorable and reminded me of the scene from Peter Pan wh...
Most of my Sunday's are filled to the brim with things to-do. Church, laundry, football games, grocery shopping, musical rehearsal... and sometimes - if I'm lucky - a little cat nap. So in the midst of trying to cross off tasks I didn't allocate time to write my 31 days blog post yesterday. What I did find time for was finding these: And these... A couple of weeks ago I made a disclosure about becoming self-aware about my obsessive personality . (Case-in-point: In the middle of writing that sentence I noticed a split end in my hair and stopped typing to trim off the end of that hair and several others. Yes, I have issues!) I have been looking for knee high boots for several years. I had a pair that I loved and wore constantly in college. Then I had foot surgery. Then I had knee surgery. My body changed and cute high boots didn't fit anymore. Finding wide calf boots is much more challenging than you would think - especially when you are actively trying to fi...
Today, Oct. 16, is Blog Action Day. There are bloggers around the world talking about human rights and causes that they are passionate about. So here are some organizations that I give back to (if you don't have your own cause already) that I encourage you to check out. Most deal with children and making their lives better. Isabella Santos Foundation Operation Christmas Child Bringing Home Ty Make-A-Wish Foundation RESOLVE American Heart Association
Comments