Hello World!

Um.... yeah.

So I go on this journey pretty regularly. One where I have the best of intentions for a project and then I get distracted, or bored, or overwhelmed, or just stuck. This blog is a perfect case-in-point.

I blog, write and manage social media as part of my every day life. Sometimes when I get home there are so many other things that I have committed to do and need to do that the thing that I want to do get filed in the "parking lot."

This year has been quite the whirlwind of events and that transitioned into my annual "my body hates me" attack by immune system and now here we are... it's June and I haven't written something for me in over 5 months. CRAZY!

I will say that I sat down and read a book that I wanted to read just for fun last month for the first time in years. That's right; YEARS.

Life is crazy but we have to be present in the day to day to not get lost in what if's and that's where I've been.

Here's to trying harder and taking time to put ink to page. Or maybe it's pixels to white-space? Whatever it is, it will be a beautiful mess of me.


I love this recent project for a friend from school that so perfectly sums up the beauty and chaos of life.




I wrote this post and got distracted and wandered away from my computer. When I came back instead of finishing and publishing I read a fantastic post from The Nester about this very thing - getting distracted and making sure that you make time for the things that you enjoy but balancing with the things that are necessary. I just got her new book too and she's really all kids of fabulous. She's one of the people I think I'd like to be like when I grow up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD