Celebrating Halloween and Infographics

I was looking for some fun facts to share about Halloween in honor of birth week, which I never really thought about researching at any length until today. I found some really great infographics about candy, costumes, the history of Halloween, and safety; but this Halloween by the numbers (from History.com and Column Five) seemed to cover the best variety and looked pretty to me.

http://www.columnfivemedia.com/work-items/infographic-halloween-by-the-numbers




I also saw a great post by a Facebook friend about Christians celebrating Halloween that I thought was really well written. I never understood not trick-or-treating because to me it is just part of my birthday and getting candy - not anything satanic or about worshiping the dead.

Here's how I look at it... like many other things. People can go to a synagogue and not be Jewish, or celebrate Christmas and not be Christian; they can take yoga and not be Buddhist and can get candy from strangers on Halloween without being wiccan or pagan. I can eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream, eat Chick-fil-A, and drink Starbucks (with my free birthday drink!) without having the same beliefs as their owners or executives.

Enjoy life, love others, be true to yourself, eat ice cream on Tuesdays, add glitter because you can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD