33 & Counting

Today was a big day.

Some very famous people celebrate their birthday:




Oct. 31, 1981 I was born. I don't remember it but I'm sure it was awesome. HA! 33-years later I'm still a big deal in my own mind.

Other famous Halloween baby's? 
  • Christopher Columbus
  • Rob vanWinkle
  • John Candy
  • Piper Perabo
  • Juliet Gordon Low
  • Deidre Hall
  • Jane Pauley

In all seriousness, for years I've had mixed reactions when I tell people my birthday is on Oct. 31. The most common question - Is it on Halloween every year? Yes.

As a child it was a super fun because I always got candy for my birthday. One year I even told the candy givers as I went trick-or-treating to get extra candy.

But as I got older it became less fun. Now that the majority of my friends have kids they are busy taking them around or to festivals and such. My sweet hubby tried to plan a surprise dinner for me one year and no one showed up.

Another downside? There are only so many "Halloween Birthday" cards.


This year was a sweet day. After having to go to night training, the hubs came home and wanted to take me to dinner. Then he stopped and bought us ice cream and cupcakes. Today he took a couple of hours off so that we could have dinner together.

I had littles at church give me a delicious cupcake (from a Cupcake Wars winner no less!),


balloons tied to my mailbox,


and lunch with a sweet friend. I got my home haircut fixed and gray hairs colored (no picture of that - yet). And I got some new nail polish.


It really has been a great birthday. I'm so thankful for all the family, friends and coworkers that sent birthday wishes via email, text, Facebook and mail. It's always nice to be remembered and to have well wishes sent your way.

Here's to another year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom Faux/Foam Pumpkin Tutorial

Birth Week & Wishes

Mason Jars and OCD